Health Insurance

If you are an EU/EEA citizen: Contact your regional social insurance office for a European Health Insurance Card (formerly called E111). The European Health Insurance Card gives you medical treatment on the same conditions as Austrian citizens. If you don't bring this card you risk having to cover all costs! Check with your regional social insurance office if there is an agreement between your country and Austria regarding health insurance coverage. If there is, you should check the conditions that apply and bring your insurance card with you to Austria.

It is the student’s responsibility to check whether he/she is fully covered during their Erasmus stay.